LEADERSHIP AND PUBLIC SPEAKING COURSE
The Leadership and Public Speaking Course runs for 6 weeks. During those 6 weeks students will have the opportunity to develop their public speaking skills as well as learn about League structure and protocol as well as how to run effective council meetings; make a motion; write a report; introduce and thank a guest speaker; etc.
This course is recommended for all CWL members and especially those holding or planning to hold an executive position.
Due to the course design it is very important that those participating make every effort to attend all 6 classes. There is homework that needs to be completed and then presented the following class- so it you miss a class you have to catch up the next week. Homework includes a combination of reading, reviewing, writing and most important - PRACTICING!!
For a course to take place there are three requirements:
- 15- 20 ladies representing at least 4 or 5 different councils that want to take the course
- A parish willing to host the course (provide a hall with tables, chairs, microphone and podium once a week for 6 weeks)
- Two or more facilitiators willing to lead the course.
If you are interested in hosting a course, taking a course or being a facilitator contact your Regional Chair.
PET = Parish Executive Training
This is a one day course to help executive officers and committee chairs who have not had the benefit of a leadership course. IT IS NOT NEW! The first version of the Executive training manual was developed almost twenty years ago! The committee (on Training materials) has refreshed, re-organized and is now on a PowerPoint presentation.
In this session, you will be provided with a concrete tool kit which you will need to use your gifts in leadership in the League. You will understand your responsibilities/potential roles and will have acquired many helpful skills /tips to effectively use your gifts in League leadership in your council or in League leadership in general.
In each Region there are trainers/facilitarors ready to give this course. Let your regional chair know through your council president if you require to do PET (Parish Executive Training).
CWL Membership Online Administration Presentation -Updated Oct 2020
Welcome Letters for New Members from 3 levels of CWL
Membership kit should include:
Parish Elections - key points (Revised 2016)
PAST PRESIDENT / HISTORIAN CHECKLIST - for list Click here
Mary Matthews Public Speaking
- Contest Rules Parish & Regions
- Criteria & Regulations for Participants
- Consent Form to Publish Personal Information
- Contest Rules for Judges
- Judges Scoring Sheet - Step 1
- Judges Scoring/Ranking Guidelines
- Timekeeper's Instructions/Record Sheet
- Mary Matthews Public Speaking Report
Mary Dobell Pro-Life Essay & Poetry Contest
- Pro-Life Essay & Poetry Contest Guidelines - for Parishes and Regions
- Pro-Life Essay & Poetry Contest Guidelines - for Schools and Participants
- Pro-Life Essay & Poetry Application Form + Consent to Publish Personal Information
- Intermediate Level Essay Judging Score Sheet
- Intermediate Level Essay Judging Scores Summary
- Senior Level Essay Judging Score Sheet
- Senior Level Essay Judging Scores Summary
- Intermediate Level Poetry Judging Score Sheet
- Intermediate Level Poetry Judging Scores Summary
- Senior Level Poetry Judging Score Sheet
- Senior Level Poetry Judging Scores Summary
- Pro-Life Essay & Poetry Contest Winner Report
Jean McCann Service Award for Youth Ages 15 - 18
- Contest Guidelines for Parishes and Regions
- Contest Guidelines for Participants + (Application Form and Consent Form to Publish Personal Information)
- Judges Score Sheet for Entries
St. Michael's College Scholarship
- Letter from Diocesan Education & Health Convener
- Letter to High School Guidance Counselor (Announcing the 2023 Competition - Scholarship Eligibility Requirements + Application Form + History of St. Michael's College, University of Toronto + Information Poster for the High Schools and/or Parishes + Sample Parish Announcement)