ORAL REPORTS AT 2012 CONVENTIONS
Toronto Archdiocesan 90th Annual Convention
May 4th & 5th, 2012
Communications Standing Committee Report
Ladies, the way people communicate has been transformed tremendously. Your communication style is a window on how people perceive you. The effect of modern technology has transformed the process of communication.
The tools used to communicate depend on the strategic goals
- Spoke person
Although people communicate every day, many have a hard time understanding how to do so effectively. While no single document can teach everything you need to know on to communicate better. For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Be sensitive and open-minded when delivering a message. Your look often tells it all.
- Pictures are an excellent addition to articles but, to protect the privacy of all members, only those for which we have received written permission can be published.
- I do hope all the members have visited yours – ours Toronto Diocesan website http://www.cwltoronto.ca there’s lots of information on the site. If you are hosting a CWL event please provide your regional chair with all the details, so the event can be added to the regional calendar.
- Share the good work done in your council by submitting articles to the National office for the League magazine and Be League E-newsletter.
- Complete the Annual Report; share all the good work done in your council. View the last year’s report and take note of the things that you can do in your council.
- Use all means of communications to advise all the upcoming events in your council, through the church bulletins and even in the local newspapers. Make the general meeting lively and informative by inviting guest speakers and also ensuring that you keep enough time for members to mingle and get to know one another.
- Drop by the Communications Table and browse through the photo album and newsletters and pick up a complimentary copy of the Catholic Register
Wear your CWL pin with pride at all the meetings and whenever you are in the Parish and promote the League at all times.
Enjoy the convention. My written report can be found in the Annual Report Book starting on pg 32.
This concludes my report.