COMMUNITY LIFE AND CHRISTIAN FAMILY LIFE PROJECT CHALLENGE
THE CATHOLIC WOMEN’S LEAGUE OF CANADA
TORONTO ARCHDIOCESAN COUNCIL
COMMUNITY LIFE AND CHRISTIAN FAMILY LIFE PROJECT CHALLENGE 2010 – 2011
Women Helping Women:
In his latest encyclical, Deus Caritas Est, Pope Benedict XVI wrote, “Love of neighbor, grounded in the love of God, is first and foremost a responsibility for each individual member of the faithful.” As Catholics and members of the CWL it is our responsibility to lend a hand as best we can. Ours is a sacred task ~ a simple story: Women helping Women.
The Project Challenge Overview:
The Community Life and Christian Family Life project for 2010-11 will focus on the Catholic Family Services within the Archdiocese of Toronto. We ask each parish council to choose the particular family service within your jurisdiction: Catholic Community Services of York Region http://www.ccsyr.org/; Catholic Family Services of Durham http://www.cfsdurham.com/; Catholic Family Services of Peel-Dufferin http://www.cfspd.com/; Catholic Family Services of Toronto http://www.cfsofto.org/; or Catholic Family Services of Simcoe Centre http://www.cfssc.ca/. We ask that you become familiar with the agency in your area by going on-line; contacting their office personally and inviting them to attend one of your CWL meetings to speak of the work which they do and the services which they provide.
Our goal is to raise a minimum of $5,000 for the needs of Catholic Family Services within the Archdiocese of Toronto. As we know and do so well, fundraising through various events that are easy to do and so much fun for all! Cheques should be made payable to “The Catholic Women’s League of Canada” and forwarded to Deborah Donnelly, Treasurer for the Archdiocesan CWL. Please indicate to which Catholic Family Services branch your donation should be forwarded to.
- Bake Sales
- Apple-pie Fest
- Parish Bazaars or Flea Markets
- Pot-luck dinners
- CWL Walk for Women
- Fashion Show
Note: For more suggestions check the Catholic Family Services website in your area.
- Select a project that is suited to your council which should be completed between by April 15, 2010.
- Use the attached project template to provide an overview and outcome of your project
- Gather supporting documentation such as photographs, display boards, newspaper articles, to build your display that will be on display during the convention.
- Submit to your Regional Community Life or Christian Family Life Chair by deadline.
- Councils that complete a project; have a display at the convention and submit their completed project and regions with more than 50% participation by the deadline will receive a special certificate at the convention.
April 15th 2011- Completed Project Summary Reports to be sent to the Community Life Standing Chair
May 16th & 17th 2011 - All Projects will be displayed on the Regional Tables at the Toronto Archdiocesan Convention.
More details: Contact Archdiocesan Community Life Chair - Andrea Smart or Christian Family Life Chair - Hilarion Mitchell. Their contact information can be found on the inside cover of the Toronto Archdiocesan Council Newsletter.