CATHOLIC GIRLS LEAGUE
The Catholic Girls League is a Parish based/run initiative. The group will remain under the ministry of youth, reporting through the Parish Council's Christian Family Life chairperson and exist only at the Parish Council level. It is for girls aged 10 – 15. This group of girls would be mainly to:
- Unite the girls to achieve individual and collective spiritual development
- Promote social justice, recognizing human dignity of all people
- Promote lasting bonds of friendship through enjoyable programs
- Develop leadership qualities and skill
The Motto is “Faith, Friendship, Fun and Formation”
Here is a check list on "Things to Consider" for councils thinking of forming a new CGL group
- Check List for forming a Catholic Girls' League --> click here
- Consent form for publishing names and pictures --> click here
- CGL volunteers (Positions description for CWL Counselors to CGL) --> click here
More resource material is available upon request by contacting your Regional Chair, through your President.
CGL News & updates
We now have a fourth Catholic Girls League formed on 27th October 2018, in the Peel Region in Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Mississauga
May Our Lady of Good Counsel continue to accompany these girls in their journey.
1. St. Francis Xavier CGL Council
On Oct 16th 2010, St. Francis Xavier (SFX) Council in Mississauga, Peel Region formed the first Catholic Girls League (CGL) within the Toronto Archdiocese. The formation spanned 10 months. Click here to read more about their formation journey.
2. St. Bartholomew CGL Council
On June 15th, 2013, 15 girls from St. Bartholomew Parish in Scarborough Region began formation of Toronto's 2nd Catholic Girls League. Installation of their new executive took place on August 11th at the Sunday mass. There was an honour guard of CWL members and the girls wore their blue t-shirts with the crest that they designed themselves. Click here.
3. St. Aidan CGL Council
On Sunday, July 20th, 2014, the CWL of St. Aidan's Parish (Scarborough Region) CWL had the installation and induction of their CGL with 13 girls to start-up their membership. Special appreciation and thanks go out to St. Aidan CWL President Gwyneth Faustin and her three CWL Counsellors. Click here to view the newly formed Council.
4. Sts. Peter and Paul CGL Council
on 27th October 2018, 13 girls formed CGL in the Peel Region in Sts. Peter and Paul Parish in Mississauga. They had their first meeting on 10th November. Click here for more details.